Sunday, February 1, 2009

iPhone App of the Week

This week's App of the week is about as useless as last week's was useful.  But that's not the point of Fieldrunners.  Fieldrunners is such a simple game to learn, but its maddeningly difficult to master.

I can barely make it past level 100, which unlocks the 'endless' mode, topping out at Level 115, with a score of 312,775, but that's not the point.  The point is that this game is possibly one of the most addictive iPhone gams out there today.  The concept is so simple- wave after wave of increasingly quick and robust enemies, and you need to kill them before they can breach your stronghold.  Sounds easy, right?  That's what I thought before I spent days trying to outsmart the game and lost.

The graphics are excellent- smooth and high quality.  Play it once and you're hooked!  For the hours of entertainment it provides, its a bargain at $4.99.

I would like to see more than two maps, but based on the reviews, I know I'm not alone, so hopefully we will see some new maps in the next update or two.

Kudos, Subatomic Studios.  Good idea, great execution, great app.

No comments:

Post a Comment